There are loads of new jobs at the bottom of this email and 2,992 currently listed.
As I write, I have 37 live applications printed off and sitting on my desk, all from people wanting to work at www.GlosJobs.co.uk. It makes me thinks that some top tips could be worth mentioning.
5 top tips on applying for jobs - Using a few real life examples
1. Write a decent covering email with your application. Convince the employer that you have the skills and commitment to do the work. Don't just write "CV attached." Advertisers need telling you are the right person!
2. Make sure you adapt your CV for the role. One CV in application for an administration and customer service role, started "I am looking for a role as an accounts assistant..." I read no further.
3. Include your name, address and contact details on your CV. One in my pile has no details.
4. Send your CV as a pdf. Several of the CVs are mis-aligned with font and bullet point irregularities. If you convert your CV into a pdf, you know the advertiser will see it in exactly the same way that you can.
5. Think about what you name your CV file. Real file names include: "ECV", "Word CV PPH Copy (2)1" and "Name CV April 2015". If I save the file as that, how will I find it again and how up to date is the CV? I am more impressed to see a CV called "CV Name GlosJobs". It means that the applicant has taken the time to send in a dedicated CV for that role.
GFirst LEP employment skills specialists offer fantastic free careers advice to anyone over 19. The advisors are qualified in careers advice and can give advice and support in putting together a CV, giving interview practice and information on relevant training courses. They have helped many people find work placements and employment opportunities, including those who have been long-term unemployed or facing redundancy. During the past year, they have offered one-to-one careers advice and guidance sessions to more than 2,000 people aged 19-plus through the National Careers Service. More details here.
Do let me know about anything to do with local jobs or how we can help!
Follow @GlosJobs on Twitter
Like GlosJobs on Facebook
Thank you for signing up to receive emails from www.GlosJobs.co.uk. If you find that you now do not wish to receive details of new vacancies from us, please unsubscribe at the bottom of this email.
PART TIME WEEKEND SALES ASSISTANT REQUIRED - FLEXIBLE
The Little Bump Company - Cheltenham - Closing date - 03/10/15Click here for more details
Do you need help with getting a job? Careers advice • Job search • CV writing • Cover letters • Interview skills
GFirst LEP - Cheltenham, Cirencester, Forest of Dean, Gloucester, North Cotswolds, Stroud, TewkesburyClick here for more details
RECRUITMENT OPEN DAY - Wednesday 7th October 2015 9:30am-6pm - Nursing Assistant Carers £6.55+ph
HC-One - Wotton-under-Edge, GL12 8RAClick here for more details
Broadlands - Preschool assistant, part time, to start as soon as possible
Playgroup and Childcare Vacancies - Leckhampton, Cheltenham Click here for more details
To update your email preferences click here. If you would prefer not to receive future mailings from GlosJobs.co.uk, please click here.