Thank you for signing up to receive emails from www.GlosJobs.co.uk, I hope that you find them useful.
Today, I am asking: What does your "covering email" say about you?
When you send in a job application, the advertisers will make their first impression based on the "covering email" you send. If the email is not up to scratch, they might not even open your CV.
My suggestions are:
1. Keep a draft of your "covering email" saved, so you can paste it into the application email or form and amend for the particular role.
2. State which role you are applying for and where you saw the advert.
3. Briefly, tell the advertiser why you are the right person for the job, mentioning relevant experience and skills.
4. Include your contact details.
5. Use correct grammar and capitalisation.
6. Do not just ask for more information about the role as the advertiser should have put sufficient in the advert for you to get a good idea. If you have specific questions, do ask them, but remember that the advertiser will have lots of applications to read and respond to.
If you have any thoughts or comments, please do drop me an email.
Follow @GlosJobs on Twitter
Like GlosJobs on Facebook
If you find that you now do not wish to receive details of new vacancies from us, please unsubscribe at the bottom of this email.
Quality Specialist - FRENCH SPEAKING
InterCall Conferencing Services Ltd. - Gloucester - Imperial Gate, Barnwood Click here for more details
Part-time or Freelance Creative Designer with strong Web Build capability
Montpellier Public Relations - CheltenhamClick here for more details
To update your email preferences click here. If you would prefer not to receive future mailings from GlosJobs.co.uk, please click here.